* This will contain spoilers so if you haven't seen it, don't read
We finally saw Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. It was a classic Star Wars movie, what can I say.
1) The plot was basically the same as Episode IV: A New Hope. Did anyone else catch that? In a new hope the force is alive again as Luke ventures out to help Leia and the rebellion against the Empire. They are trying to get out of Leia where the rebel base is and they end up destroying the death star. In this movie, the main focus seemed to be finding Luke Skywalker, who disappeared. Then the First Order, is trying to find the rebel base again and destroy it so they can build up a new empire. It was seriously the same plot.
2) I did like that Rey, was a female lead character. Compared to all the other Star Wars movies it's always been focused on the male Jedi's so it was nice to have a potential female Jedi that the franchise would be focusing on. But that brings up my next point:
3) Who is Rey? They never talked about her parents other than the fact that she was taken from them and the reason why was top secret. Zack and I have a theory that she is just another Anakin Skywalker, someone who has a lot of midichlorians in them. Perhaps Rey and Anakin share a common ancestor? Who knows. A lot of fan theories have been presented at who Rey is, read this article if you are interested in finding out more.
4) Finn or FN-2187. I liked him as an added character in the film. I liked that his conscience "awakened" him and he realized the error that was in the First Order. I don't know if he will train as a Jedi once he is healed from his injuries alongside Rey? Who knows.
5) The storm troopers seemed to be better at shooting this time around, so at least their training has improved.
6) Kylo-Ren/ Ben Solo. He made an interesting bad guy. He was pretty intimidating all up until the moment that he took his mask off. Why did they do that to him? As Zack so lovingly says, he looks like a Guber. It really made his character seem weak and ineffective. Maybe they had to do it so they could have him face is father (Han Solo) and make us all think that he was going to go back with him but ended up killing him (Han) instead. Also the actor who played Kylo-Ren looks like a younger version of Snape from the Harry Potter movies:
Am I right? Did anyone notice this?
What did you think of the movie?