Tomorrow I am headed out of town, to good old Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have a professional conference that I am presenting at there and I am really nervous about it. I will probably blog all about it tomorrow night while I am at the hotel, I mean hostel. We are probably staying at a dinky little place but hey what can I do, school is paying for it so I take what I can get.
Today I am going to post the discussion questions for the first book in our book club: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. Check out this page here, for more info regarding the book club itself. If you haven't read the book yet, don't worry there is still time to do so before the discussion. It was a really quick read and I was rather surprised by that. Mindy is funny and keeps you engaged in the book. Remember that in a week from tomorrow (March 28,2014) I will post my review of the book and will do a link party so you can link your review to the book as well. I can't wait to hear all of your thoughts.
1) I loved that she included a list of alternate titles for her book after the intro, "Sometimes You Just Have to Put on Lip Gloss and Pretend to be Psyched." made me laugh the most. If you wrote a book about your life what would you have the titles be? (I cant wait to hear from all of you on this one, I bet you guys have great ones in mind)
2) Mindy talks about how her friend who she still wonders about later on in life, a friend she clicked with and got her started with her love of comedy. Do you have a person like this in your life? Someone who influenced you a lot and your thinking, yet you haven't seen or talked to them in a while?
3) I love the chapter titled "The Exact Level of Fame I want" and the details that she put into it. What is the exact level of fame you want?
4) Day Jobs, this was one of the more funny parts of the book for me. I related because I have gone through jobs so frequently lately. What has been your most interesting day job/part time work/ temp job?
5) Of course she talked about The Office in her book, how could she not? I love Kelly, and the role she plays in The Office. What are some of your favorite Kelly moments from the T.V. Show
6) I love the section on marriage and hearing her thoughts about in. How do you show others that you are "psyched" as she puts it for your marriage? How do people who know you, know that your marriage is the bomb? What would you say to someone if they asked you if marriage is worth it?
7) Finally what photos do you have of yourself on your phone? Cause lets face it, we all have photos we never share via instagram or Facebook. Maybe if you are brave enough you can share a few with us... I sure will.
Can't wait to hear all of your thoughts and of course you can write an overview of the book as well and your opinion on it as a whole. I just loved it.